Sunday, August 11, 2013

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to Eat, Pray, Teach Spanish.  I have decided to start this blog to follow my journey as a High School Spanish teacher.  This will be my 5th year teaching Spanish, so I finally feel like I have enough time to blog!  

My goal for this blog is to meet other teachers and share ideas.  I am always looking at other teachers' blogs for inspiration and I have noticed that there aren't really that many that are geared towards high school teachers, and even fewer for High School Spanish. 

I have found tons of great ideas over the past 4 years and have even come up with a few of my own, so why not share?  I hope you find this blog useful, or if nothing else, entertaining! 

Perhaps we could start by sharing some of our main goals for the 13-14 school year!


I have been looking over Harry Wong's "The First Days of School" book (I know, I know), but one good thing that I would like to implement is trying at least one or two new things each year.  This will prevent that terrible feeling of being stuck in a rut.  So my goals for this year are to take a risk, don't be afraid to get involved, and try something new! Specifically, I would like to start my year by implementing some new procedures that I hope will be helpful in making things run a little more smoothly in my classroom.  Also, I'm at a new school this year, so that is something scary all by itself!  I'm excited for the challenge.  What are your goals for this year?


-Tiffani

No comments:

Post a Comment